Monday, August 6, 2012

Meet the Cast: Sarah Jadin (ANIMALS)




Sarah Jadin New York theater: Edward, My Son, The Late George Apley, The Actor’s Company Theatre; As You Like It, The Midtown Theater Festival. Regional theater: Alice vs. Wonderland, The Donkey Show, American Repertory Theater. London theater: A Winter’s Tale, Much Ado About Nothing, Romeo and Juliet, The Way of the World, The London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts. MFA in Acting from The ART/MXAT Institute at Harvard University. www.sarahjadin.com 

  • You’ll be performing in our upcoming production of Animals for the New York International Fringe Festival. Can you tell us some of your initial thoughts about the piece and your character? How are rehearsals going? 

I’m really enjoying working on Animals; Sam [Byron] and Kristin [Hoffmann] are doing such a lovely job with the show, and the cast has proven to be incredibly talented. 

  • When did you know that you wanted to be an actor? How did you get started? 

I’ve always wanted to be an actor, with the exception of a brief infatuation with Marine Biology in second grade; every girl goes through a dolphin phase, right? So after I lost interest in dolphins, I started acting at Stages Theater Company in my hometown of Minneapolis, and have been ever since.

  • Who or what do you consider to have been your biggest creative influences to date? Why? 

My biggest creative influences have been my professors and classmates at the ART Institute at Harvard, which is where I went to graduate school for my MFA in acting. Grad school is a fabulous incubator, and Scott Zigler, Marcus Stern, and Nancy Houfek are just brilliant teachers.

  • What is your favorite part of the creative process before you perform for an audience? Do you have a particular pre-show ritual that you engage in before curtain? If so, can you share it with us? 

Every show is different, but I almost always really love the rehearsal process, by that I mean the time spent in the room with my scene partners and the director. 

  • I believe this is your first time working with Wide Eyed. We’d like to get to know you a little better. Could you tell us a little bit about your last project? Is there something cool that you like to do in your spare time? 

My last play was my final show at ART, which was a devised piece inspired by the human voice and directed by John Tiffany.  My last “project” was a hair show for the stylist Oribe. I had to wear a huge green wig and matching leotard; it was amazing! 

No comments: